As outlined in detail in the April 30 Quick Clipper, the Board feels it is time to commence the search for a replacement to our good old race committee/work boat, the Harold S. Robins, and has passed the following motion,
That the Board approve the expenditure of up to $120,000 CAD, of which up to $45,000 may be borrowed, to replace the M.V. Harold S. Robbins to function as a race committee signal vessel, workboat and secondary passenger vessel.
The Annual Sail Past and Review of the Fleet by the Commodore marks the official opening of the Club. This is quite a traditional and formal event. It’s a day when all members celebrate the new sailing season. This is an all-day event to which all are expected to attend. There are three components to the day:
This Saturday May 9 starting at 8:30am is the annual SPRING WORK PARTY.
There are lots of maintenance projects such as:
- fixing the decking around the club house
- painting the decking around the club house
- putting up the pictures etc in the club house
- putting the music cabinet back together
- fixing the bridge to the Rapids Queen
- fixing lockers
- raking- Painting in the new Captain's lounge